Marine Weather Net

Cape Blanco OR to Point St. George CA from 10 to 60 NM Marine Forecast


TONIGHT

S
WINDS
10
KNOTS

TUE

S
WINDS
20 - 25
KNOTS

TUE NIGHT

WED

S
WINDS
20 - 25
KNOTS

The Marine Weather Forecast In Detail:
PZZ376 Forecast Issued: 253 PM PDT Mon Oct 18 2021

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT
Tonight...S Wind 10 Kt...Rising To 10 To 20 Kt In The Late Evening And Early Morning, Then...Rising To 20 To 25 Kt Late Tonight. Wind Waves 2 Ft Or Less...Becoming 3 To 4 Ft After Midnight. Nw Swell 8 To 9 Ft At 12 Seconds... Becoming W 6 To 7 Ft At 11 Seconds After Midnight.
Tue...S Wind 20 To 25 Kt...Rising To Gales 40 Kt. Wind Waves 5 To 8 Ft...Building To 8 To 11 Ft In The Afternoon. Swell Nw 3 To 5 Ft At 12 Seconds.
Tue Night...Northern Portion, S Gales 40 Kt...Rising To Gales 45 Kt Late In The Evening, Then...Easing To Gales 40 Kt After Midnight. Southern Portion, S Gales 40 Kt... Easing To 30 Kt Early In The Morning. Wind Waves 13 To 16 Ft. Swell W 3 To 4 Ft At 13 Seconds...Building To W 5 To 6 Ft At 14 Seconds After Midnight. Rain In The Evening, Then Showers And Slight Chance Of Tstms After Midnight.
Wed...S Wind 20 To 25 Kt. Wind Waves 8 To 11 Ft... Subsiding To 5 To 6 Ft In The Afternoon. Swell W 8 To 9 Ft...Shifting To The S 9 To 10 Ft And W 10 Ft In The Afternoon. Slight Chance Of Tstms In The Morning. Showers Through The Day.
Wed Night...S Wind 20 To 25 Kt...Becoming 30 Kt After Midnight. Wind Waves 5 To 6 Ft...Building To 6 To 9 Ft After Midnight. Swell S 10 To 11 Ft And W 10 Ft... Becoming W 8 Ft And S 7 Ft After Midnight. Slight Chance Of Showers.
Thu...S Gales 35 Kt. Wind Waves 10 To 13 Ft. W Swell 6 To 7 Ft... Subsiding To 5 Ft In The Afternoon. Rain.
Thu Night...S Wind 30 Kt...Becoming Sw 15 To 20 Kt After Midnight. Wind Waves 10 To 13 Ft...Subsiding To 6 To 9 Ft After Midnight. Swell W 10 To 12 Ft...Building To W 13 To 14 Ft After Midnight. Rain.
Fri...S Wind 10 To 15 Kt...Rising To 20 Kt After Midnight. Wind Waves 4 To 5 Ft...Becoming 2 Ft Or Less, Then...Becoming 4 Ft After Midnight. W Swell 15 To 16 Ft.
Sat...S Wind 30 Kt...Easing To 20 Kt. Wind Waves 7 To 9 Ft... Subsiding To 4 Ft After Midnight. Swell W 11 To 13 Ft.
SHARE THIS PAGE:           
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Medford OR
250pm PDT Monday Oct 18 2021

Satellite imagery depicts a mix of clouds and sun across most areas this afternoon, with more sun east of the Cascades and more clouds west of the Cascades. Quiet conditions will continue.nue through the night. On Tuesday an uncommonly strong October front will approach the forecast area, and south winds will become gusty, in the Shasta Valley first, then the coast, Rogue Valley, and areas east of the Cascades. We've issued Wind Advisories for the Shasta Valley and portions of the Rogue Valley, and portion of the East Side. We're confident these areas will see wind gusts to 45mph. At the coast, there's potential for a band of strong winds to impinge upon the coast, especially if the GFS model solution comes to fruition with low pressure deepening and moving towards the coast. Therefore, we have a High Wind Watch out for portions of the coast, generally from Cape Blanco south to Pistol River, including Gold Beach and Port Orford. Rain reaches the coast Tuesday evening and spreads inland. Due to the strong southerly flow, we expect the coast and Siskiyou County to see the brunt of the precipitation. We lowered snow levels down to around 4300 feet in the Mount Shasta area because of expected heavy precipitation there, but we think any snow impacts will be limited to areas above 5000 feet, based on the early season nature of this system and expected road temperatures. We'll keep an eye on this for any potential winter weather impacts to the Snowmans Summit area on Highway 89. Many valley areas, including the Rogue Valley, will see a lot of downsloping and drying under this wind regime, and rain totals here will be much less than high terrain areas.

Conditions will dry out late Wednesday into Thursday morning, though continued moderate southerly wind flow will keep precipitation chances going in the Mount Shasta area. South winds will continue.nue in many areas Thursday, and it's likely we'll have additional wind hazards in places like the Shasta and Rogue Valleys. A deep low well off the coast will be weakening some Thursday, and the trajectory of this low will likely prevent high winds from affecting the coast Thursday, but this another area we'll be monitoring. The moisture with the front that arrives late Thursday into Friday morning has IVT values around 750 near the coast, placing it in the moderate- strong category in terms of how much moisture is being pushed into the forecast area along the front. We've increased forecast rain totals in the Brookings area Thursday evening and overnight to account for this strong onshore wind and high moisture content. Snow levels with this second system will be very high, peaking around 10000 feet before dropping Friday behind the front.

The regime will likely shift to westerly-flow type systems over the weekend, and snow levels will begin to lower. Those areas that see little rainfall during the first southerly flow systems will begin to see more precipitation over the weekend and into early next week. There's additional potential for wind impacts too, as some models hint at some deep low pressure development off the coast. In short, the active, wet weather will continue.nue into early next week. Keene

Marine
Updated 230pm PDT Monday, 18 October 2021...Moderate northwest swell will build through this afternoon. A peak of around 9 ft at 12 seconds is expected, just shy of Small Craft Advisory criteria. Seas diminish tonight, but southerly winds will increase late tonight and early Tuesday morning ahead of a very strong cold front. Gales are expected Tuesday into Tuesday night with seas becoming very high and very steep and hazardous. Some storm force wind gusts are possible beyond 5 nm from shore at peak intensity Tuesday night. Seas are forecast to peak at 18 to 23 ft on Tuesday night. After this system moves through, seas remain chaotic with southerly fresh swell moving through the waters mixed with a relatively high 10 foot westerly swell.

Another storm is expected to move into the waters around the Thursday time period. At this point, the winds are not expected to be as high, although gale force winds are possible later this weekend.

-Smith

NOAA Medford OR Office: Watches - Warnings - Advisories
OR...Wind Advisory from 9pm Tuesday to 2pm PDT Wednesday for ORZ030-031. High Wind Watch from Tuesday evening through late Tuesday night for ORZ021-022. Wind Advisory from 5pm Tuesday to 5am PDT Wednesday for ORZ026.

CA...Wind Advisory from 9pm Tuesday to 2pm PDT Wednesday for CAZ085. Wind Advisory from 11am Tuesday to 8am PDT Wednesday for CAZ081.

Pacific Coastal Waters... Small Craft Advisory from 11am to 5pm PDT Tuesday for PZZ350-356. Small Craft Advisory from 5am Wednesday to 5am PDT Thursday for PZZ350-356-370-376. Gale Warning from 5pm Tuesday to 5am PDT Wednesday for PZZ350-356. Small Craft Advisory from 3am to 11am PDT Tuesday for PZZ370-376. Gale Warning from 11am Tuesday to 5am PDT Wednesday for PZZ370-376.